Codex Adventum: Road to Monsterberg Beta Test

Home Forums Gaming Gaming Night Codex Adventum: Road to Monsterberg Beta Test

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Hans Hellinger

Great description Wayne and welcome to the board.

Guys here is another one for the playtest FAQ.

If you see “Ad Hoc” heavy gambeson or something like that under armor, it is something from the character generation software. In the system we use to make the characters, you can buy armor as a complete harness (like Gothic or Milanese Harness) or ‘Ad Hoc’ meaning different pieces and then it tries to construct a panoply out of that.

Johannes armor consists of Bronze Bracers, an aketon (textile armor) a brigandine, and a bascinet helmet.

The way the armor is listed on his sheet isn’t quite right though I will update it. There should be two tiers of protection, the light and heavy armor.

Hans Hellinger

I am updating the Player character sheets to fix this stuff with the armor and a couple of other things, I’ll be sending new ones out later today.

JackG
    Participant

Third session in the bag.

Players found the mudslide and fully examined it, they found signs of gunpowder. At the ferry i inserted a Father Superior who had confiscated some occult items, the players had fun roleplaying in order to steal the magic items. Johann was pretty direct about it and it was only through good diplomacy roles that an incident was prevented. The players generally showed pretty good tactical sense throughout the entire section. I used Lothar being upset about the raucous on the ferry in order to give him reason to send them ahead to scout the road without their mounts. The fight resulted in the mounted crossbowman getting thrown. I applied the following metric. If the horse got injured the rider needs to apply a riding check, result of 15+ horse is ok, 10-15 they lose one MP dice keeping it under control, 5-10 3 mp dice, 1-5 they are thrown. The crossbowman took two hits from the PCs and was pretty much out of the picture. The Lancer charged and was parried. Then two players shanked him with knives and he got taken out pretty quickly. For future I would suggest giving characters moving at a canter 2 free active defence dice and galloping characters 3 passive MP dice. The players are starting to enjoy the system. I find it odd how hard the concept of dice pools for attacks and defenses can be to grasp for players.

Hans Hellinger

But once they get it, a light goes on. Thanks Jack sounds like a fun time. Look forward to hearing about the next one. I’ll also start a thread to discuss some more horsemanship rules …

JackG
    Participant

Got two more sessions over the last two weeks.

So first off there was the session with the Babe or the Woods. The players got to the babe fairly uneventfully. One of the players managed to find a shady character with some baggage and lumpy burlap sacks at the bar. The party dealt with the spider fairly easily. Once they started to use wrathful strike and work tactically. One of the players wrapped it in a sheet to immobilize it.

The session with the duke was mostly the players trying to figure out who the black magician is. They also met the duke and narrowly avoided getting arrested due to one of the players mouthing off to the Dominican Abbot. The Dominican issue seems to be following them, and almost become a running theme.

Hans Hellinger

For anyone reading the above & not familiar with some of what he was referring to – the “Babe in the woods” is a giant (cabbage sized) magic / demonic spider which was placed in the inn-room of some of the players, with the goal of assassinating them. Though one of them was bitten and partly poisoned, the PCs in Jacks’ group managed to trap the spider in a sheet and bash it to death with a mace.

The session with the duke was dinner meeting arranged by their patron Lothar Geich, the temporary vogt of the town of Ratibor. Apparently the PCs got into an argument with the Dominican Abbott of Ratibor, but it was settled down with some successful diplomacy. The next session should involve a large organized hunt.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.